Belgian HGV Transit Toll

The Belgium Government introduced their HGV Transit Toll (also called the Belgian Kilometre charging system) from 1st April 2016, this replaced the Eurovignette system. (The Eurovignette is still in operation covering Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark & Sweden).

Do I need an on-board unit (OBU) for Belgium?
Each vehicle that exceeds 3.5 Tonnes, will need to be fitted with an On-Board Unit (OBU) that is specifically registered to that vehicle, there is no alternative way to pay for these tolls. If you do not have the OBU on board you will be stopped and will face heavy fines.

The only exemptions to this rule are:
Army vehicles, the fire brigade, civil protection (Police) and ambulances, tractors solely used for agriculture, forestry, horticulture & aquaculture
Where can you get a Temporary Belgian OBU from:
Up until now you had to collect a Belgian OBU from one of the Satellic service point vending machines but drivers often found the machine was empty and there was nobody on hand to help. 

Harbour Shipping Ltd are able to supply the Belgian On-Board Unit (OBU) on a short-term hire basis. Instead of taking the risk trying to obtain an OBU via a vending machine, we can set up your Satellic OBU prior to you leaving the country and have it available for collection from our Stop 24 office located just off Junction 11 on the M20 motorway services which is open 08.00-18.00 hours Monday to Friday or from our office at Lord Warden House in the Western Docks in Dover which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

For further information about how you can obtain a Temporary loan OBU for Belgium please contact.
Michael Ford Tel: 01304 200 909 or Samantha Barrie Tel: 01304 200 913

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL US ON +44 (0) 1304 211919 OR EMAIL AT [email protected]

Back To Top